You are here now!

Notes of Music, organic gardening, eco-building, Permaculture designs and explorations along this Path in Life.

19 March 2020

Bound to the wild

After setting the support arches for the roses a few days ago, finally today arrives the moment of taking out the plastic wraps from the branches of the roses in the garden. 
This time I do not have any willow for tying like I used to do in the past, so I am going to experiment with an alternative option that I have been selecting from the wild since last year. Right now it looks like this...


It's a vigorous vine with long side branches that have inside a very strong and playable fiber. During the summer it looks like this. It's called clematis vitalba.


So now it's time to tie... and it's actually way easier to twist than willow wicker.






Hopefully it will last long enough, otherwise... I have many spare branches nearby.

No comments:

Post a Comment