You are here now!

Notes of Music, organic gardening, eco-building, Permaculture designs and explorations along this Path in Life.

06 May 2020

Leveling logs

In these days I am busy at the Raw-Jah house with one of the most tricky and meticulous carpentry jobs that I have ever done: resetting the level of the upper side of 12 logs: they are about 5,5 meters long. 


This is my working position on top of this moving scaffolding that I am borrowing from a dear friend. Up and down... up and down dozen of times.



Essential tools: this randomly bent ball pen (molten under the sun but still perfectly writing) it's really handy marking the irregular profile of each log on both sides of the 6cm x 4cm rafters where the new ceiling is going to be resting.



  
Adjusted jigsaw: I am borrowing this tool from the same excellent friend that lent me the scaffolding. 



This setting (a little bit off the 90 degrees) allows me to cut into the rafter and adjust to the totally irregular section of the logs. Like this: 



The piece needs to be split open with hammer and chisel, skimming all the extra from the inside.





Flipping it over and setting it on the spot.


No comments:

Post a Comment